Check out some of our favorite home staging tips to increase the value of your home to potential buyers!
According to a survey done by the National Association of Realtors, once staged, homes spend an average of 73% less time on the market.
Buyers decide within 8 seconds whether they are interested in a home.
Your home only gets one first impression, make it count!
When we work with clients who are selling their home in the Madison area, we offer personalized staging tips! We can even hire professional stagers to take the work off your hands. If you’re outside of Madison or Wisconsin but still have staging questions, don’t hesitate to send us a message. Through RE/MAX®, We are connected to incredible agents and professionals across the country (and even the world!), who can help you sell your home for the most money. Below are just a few of our home staging tips that would work well in any home. Remember, sometimes less is more when it comes to staging your home!
Staging the Front Walkway
The first thing buyers are going to see is the exterior of your home and the entryway when they walk through the front door. Could yours use a little accessorizing or sprucing up? Consider adding some of these pieces to your mudroom or entryway:
- Entryway Bench for stylish storage
- Boot Tray to keep your shoes contained
- Entryway rug for added style
- Front Door Mat – refreshing this will make your front step feel new
- Wall Hooks for hanging your coat up in style
Staging Your Living Room
The living room is where most homeowners spend the majority of their time. Create a cozy and inviting feel while also giving it a face lift by incorporating modern touches! Focus on showing how the space can be used while removing clutter and personal items such as family photos.
- Mirror – Can brighten a room and make it appear larger
- Accent Lamp – the perfect accessory for an accent chair to create a reading nook
- Decorative basket or ladder to store blankets, pillows or toys in style
- Cozy blanket to drape over the couch
- Add some greenery for a pop of color & to bring the outdoors in
- Add curtains to living room windows for a hint of elegance
Staging Ideas for Your Kitchen
They say the kitchen is the heart of the home so you don’t want to forget about this room when it comes to staging your house! One rule of thumb to follow for kitchen staging in addition to the staging essentials is to clear off the countertops! Hide those blenders, toasters and dish wands! Instead, include a vase with flowers, a clean smelling candle, a bowl of fresh fruit & a bottle of wine.
- Kitchen Rug – Time to swap out your old one and freshen up the kitchen
- Glass Vase – Having a pretty vase out makes the kitchen look cheery
- Faux Eucalyptus looks great and adds some life to the kitchen
- Candle -Choose a seasonal scented jar candle
- Put out a fresh new dish towel
- Fruit Basket – Fill it with bright fruits or veggies
Staging Tips for Your Bathroom
Bathrooms can often get neglected when it comes to preparing your house for sale. The good news is, you can easily increase your bathroom’s style factor with just a few items and at a low cost too. Think white towels, a new bath mat, a potted succulent and a neutral shower curtain!
- New Hand Towels – Go with white, it gives the luxury feel
- New Bath Mat to make the bathroom feel refreshed
- Decorative trash can to spruce up the look and feel
- Potted plant- adding greenery to a bathroom creates a spa feel
- Neutral shower curtain – bathroom staple
- Decorative table for towels to set next to the bathtub
Extra Staging Essentials
- Accent lighting – perfect for a desk or to add to nightstands in the Master
- Bar Cart – Perfect for showing off a good space for entertaining
- Tall Plant – More of a splurge but will be sure to add style to any room that needs a pop of color
- Stylish Accent Chair – looks great for a cozy nook that needs to be utilized
- Pouf – Extra seating or an ottoman that doubles as decor
- Neutral Bedding – Give your Master a facelift and modern feel with neutral bedding
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment